Good Shepherd Lutheran Church at Swan’s Trail has a long history of ministry in our location. The congregation began in 1908 with 9 families of Norwegian descent. We still have one family in the congregation, whose grandparents were part of the original 9 families.
Worship services were originally conducted in Norwegian.
The original name of the congregation was the Oslo Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Church. It was later changed to Swan’s Trail Lutheran Church to reflect the area in which the church was located. The area was named for one of the locals, Charlie Swan, who cut a trail down to the Snohomish River to pick up supplies. Many people still know the church and area by its local name, “Swan’s Trail.”
Later the name was changed to Good Shepherd but we continue to hold on to “at Swan’s Trail.”